Certified Appraiser Level 1
This 30 hour certification course is designed to prepare the appraiser with the skills and tools to launch a successful career as a Certified Level 1 Appraiser. Successful completion of this course and successful score on the exam will provide the student with a certificate of completion, and a designation of a Certified Level 1 Appraiser.
This program will provide the student with the foundation and best practices to function as a successful certified equine appraiser and start an income generating business.
The curriculum will cover the following areas:
- History of the equine appraisal industry
- Overview of the equine industry and career opportunities
- USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices)
- Practical interactive analysis
- Potential client interview process
- Expert witness preparation
- Writing skills for appraisal reporting
- Practical mock appraisals
- Critical thinking development and research strategies
- Utilizing resources and sales results
- Effective Marketing and Public Relations
- Strategy for business success
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Submit an on-line application ($25 Application Fee)
- 5 years experience in the horse industry.
- Submit an essay on-line (minimum 250 words; maximum 500 words)
- Practical Experience or proof of horse experience
- 2 Professional References
$1,495 — This 3 1/2 day course includes instructional materials and a certificate of completion upon a successful passing score on the exam. Payment plans are available.
Scholarship application: A limited number of scholarships are available for those whom are eligible. Deadline for applications are September 15th. There are 2 levels of Scholarship amounts: $500.00 or $1,000.00. Eligibility is determined by financial need and circumstances. Once scholarship applications are submitted, you will be notified within 60 days if you have been awarded the scholarship.
Hotel, food and transportation is not included.
Location Hudson Valley Area New York. Please contact us if you are interested in this course or would like to receive more information.